Monday, May 19, 2008

Things don't always go as planned...

Saturday started out just like any ordinary day, but soon changed quickly. I got up and did some laundry, put some things away, etc., my mother-in-law dropped the girls off ( they had spent the night at her house) and Paul was doing some trim mowing with the push mower. Then as I was hanging my last load of laundry on the line, I heard these heart wrenching screams. I looked down toward the Fellowship hall and saw Paul on the ground with the mower rolling down the hill. Now what would your first thoughts be???? I thought he had cut a foot, leg, or hand off. I took off running (talk about the blood pressure rising) and got there to find that his shoulder was completely dislocated. I have to admit I was somewhat relieved. For, you see, his arm use to come out all the time, years ago. Well, we had to take a trip to the emergency room this time. The doctor informed us that when his arm use to pop out, it couldn't have come out all the way because he could never have gotten it back in by himself. They finally got his arm back in and now he has to wear this weird sling for two weeks. Needless to say the whole day was shot. But,
thank the Lord it wasn't any worse.
.

1 comment:

Faith said...

You mean we don't get any photos?!

We're sorry he got hurt, but relieved too that it was not something worse.