Friday, July 11, 2008

Enjoying Pottery...

Every summer my wonderful husband lets the girls and I (since he cant, because of work,etc...) go on a two week vacation to visit my family. This year we came to my sister Jens first. Every time we come she tries to have something fun for the girls to do. This time she took us to a place called "Color Me Mine." It is a cool place. You go in and pick a piece of pottery that you want to paint and design. You then spend the time painting and coming up with a design all your own. After you have your work of art, you leave it there and they fire it for you. You get to pick it up one week later. I made a pretty chip and dip bowl (sunflowers of course) and the girls made pretty little figurines. These are the pics we took of the girls. They both did a great job and had so much fun.
Lauren painting her fairy.

Ashley painting her "treasures bowl"

Lauren concentrating...

Ashley making sure she got it all painted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Enjoyed the pictures of pottery painting.
When my daughter got married, we had a pottery painting party for the bridesmaids. Fun!
Sherry
www.blondesherry.blogspot.com