Friday, June 6, 2008

Facing your biggest fear...

This morning Paul got up to mow the church lawn. All was going well, until he ran over a wire of some sort. He proceeded to come by the house with the mower to see if I could help him, and that is when he saw it. Yes, it was a huge 4-5 foot Black Snake, right on our patio. Well, if you know Paul, he is petrified of snakes. He will literally run the other direction. This time though, he had to step up to the plate, and take care of it. He ran to the shed and got a cinder block, a hoe, and a shovel. He started by throwing the cinder block at it but he was so scared that he totally missed. By then the snake was over by our door. So, Paul snuck up behind it and started furiously hitting it with the hoe. He hit it over and over again, until he thought it was dead. But, it was playing dead. So we dropped the block on it again. He finally got it so he could carry it over to the field. By the time he was done with that disaster he was worn out!!!! Our patio, where the snake was basking in the sun!!

4 comments:

w2wkb said...

Next time, scare the black snake away but leave it alive to eat the really bad snakes. :-))

w2wkb said...

I guess this is Paul young that I want to Hobe Sound Bible Academy with? Such A small world. My famuily lived in Greenville, SC in the early `80's and we commuted to Iva for my dad to pastor this church. The parsonage was built while we were there though we never lived in it.

Norma Gwen Watson said...

Hi, I live in Easley and go to Easley Bible Methodist.
I wouldn't be leaving my house door open any more, in the event that snake would crawl inside! I noticed it open in the picture. I am terrifed of snakes as well.

Faith said...

Whew! I'm glad we weren't there!! :)

Go, Paul!