Saturday, February 7, 2009

Chili Dog ?????????...

I have to tell a funny story that happened to us tonight and ask you, the readers of this blog, if you can explain this. I have to start by explaining the situation first. My mother-in-law is laid up with her knee, and is not getting around so well, and I jammed my little toe that I broke in Alabama, so I am not getting around that well either. Needless to say neither of us felt like standing around and making supper tonight. So, we decided that we would call in an order to the local little Mart by their house and get chili dogs. She called in the order for 9 chili dogs and 1 plain hot dog. My father-in-law went to pick them up and came back to the house. Well, we all proceeded to sit down and eat when my mother-in-law, who was the first one to open hers, said "There is no hot dog in this bun." We all thought it was strange, but thought maybe it was just a mistake. Guess what, not a single hot dog in any of the buns, except Lauren's plain one. So, my mother-in-law then went to call the place back. She told them that none of us had hot dogs in our chili dogs. The lady on the phone proceeded to tell her that she had to ask for weenies if she wanted them in our chili dogs. My mother-in-law then told her that she had asked for chili dogs, but the lady kept insisting that you have to ask for weenies specifically. She finally said that we could bring them back and she would add weenies to all of them. By then we were so flabergasted that we said forget it. Now, for you that read this post, can anyone explain this nonsense ??? Below are 2 pictures of our dogless chili dogs, more like chili buns!!!


3 comments:

Melody R said...

I think maybe the person making these "chili dogs" were smokin' some weed or something! That is CRAZY!! Even for Southerners!
I think I would have asked to speak with the Manager. That is
seriously messed up! Well, hope you enjoyed your chili buns :)

Melody

Unknown said...

That is just crazy! Whoever heard of such nonsense!

Marea P said...

I have come to the conclusion that people lack common sense now a days! A few years ago we ordered a cheeseburger with ketchup only at two different McDonalds. Both times we ended up with a bun with ketchup. Therefore, my conclusion of: No common sense. :)