Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Day of School 2009...

Yesterday, we had our first day of school for the 2009-2010 school year. Ashley is in 4th grade and Lauren is in 3rd grade. That just does not seem possible. My girls are growing up tooooooooo.... fast. The girls have been so excited, especially Ashley, to start school that they have been asking for weeks if they could start school. The day went well and they were able to get everything done in a short amount of time because the first part of each book they do is just a reading and introduction. When we got finished Ashley was disappointed because she wanted to do more. Then Daddy came home with a nice surprise for each of us. He came home with a yellow and red rose for each of us. He wanted us to have something nice to bring in the new school year. He did it when the girls started school in Alabama for the first time. I thought it was so sweet of him. I pray the Lord will bless us with a good year. Also pray for Paul and I as we will be team teaching this year, due to me working at the Library part time. Pray that we will be able to teach them the values and lessons they need to know and that they will grow in the Lord. Here are a few pics of the girls on their first day and then some of us with our roses.

Lauren with her 3rd grade Bible book...

Ashley with her 4th grade Bible book...
Ashley and Lauren with their roses from daddy...

Paul with his girls and the roses he got them...

Paul and I with the roses he got me!

1 comment:

Leonard and Krista said...

Paul,
You sappy thing you. I just about cried reading this. I'm so proud of you. I knew you had a soft spot in there somewhere.
Seriously, I miss you man. Wish you were around to play Rook and shake some things up a little. I need someone to play some good solid defense sometimes.
~ Leonard