Thursday, January 8, 2009

Our Extended Christmas...

We started our Christmas off at my in-laws house on Christmas Eve. Paul's side of the family was there and we had a nice dinner and opened our gifts. A high light there was the reading of the Christmas story. My in-laws have 4 grandchildren and they all took a turn reading a portion of it. My mother-in-law also read "Twas the Night Before Christmas." We had a great time..

Lauren reading her portion of the Christmas story..

Ashley reading part of the Christmas story...


The girls opening some of their gifts from Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop.


When we got home that night the girls put cookies out for Santa...


Then Christmas morning, we actually had our own family Christmas at home, on Christmas Day, for the first time since we have been married. We have always traveled to one of our families, but this year since my in-laws have moved 11 miles from us,we were able to be at our house. It was nice to try to start some of our own family traditions. We started out with a nice breakfast of biscuits and gravy, monkey bread, and scrambled eggs. Then we opened our stockings to see what Santa left us. We then opened our gifts to each other. The girls biggest highlight here was that they got a Nintendo DS. They had wanted that more than anything else.
Paul getting the stockings down...

Ooh! She got me my cologne...

Lauren got me some pajamas with my favorite, snowmen...


Ashley showing off some of her stocking stuffers...

Lauren showing what she got...

We got our Nintendo DS...


Sandy even got a stocking with some treats in it, including this toy.

We then left for N.Y. on the 29th of December to celebrate Christmas with my family. Unfortunately my cameras batteries went dead and I did not get any pictures of opening gifts there. We had a wonderful time while we were there.

No comments: